Tule Review Submission Guidelines
Tule Review welcomes all styles of poetry.
There is no fee for submitting.
We nominate the best work we receive for the Pushcart Prize.Scroll to the bottom of this page to make your submission via the button provided, but please take a moment to read the following guidelines.
If you follow the guidelines below, it assures you that Tule Review staff will read and carefully consider your submission.Tule Review has a rolling reading period from May 1 to April 30, so that poems and art may be submitted at any time during the year. The cutoff to be considered for any year's issue is April 30 of that year.
We make acceptance and decline notifications via Submittable. You can set up your Submittable account to provide you with email alerts. Alternatively, you can log in to Submittable as you wish to check your submission's status. You will generally hear from us within ninety days for poetry submissions; however, we take a summer break from reading from May 1 to September 1.
We consider fine art and photography for our cover and internal pages. The deadline for art submissions is April 30 for any year's issue. You need not send a higher megapixel file until we are in the production process (on the condition that the image is accepted for publication), but please make certain that your art has a high resolution (most likely over 300 ppi) so that it will be clearly printed in our publication. You may not hear from us regarding an art submission until the end of the submission period, or May 1 of that issue's publication year. In most cases, however, you will hear back from us within ninety days.
The editorial staff reads submissions without knowing the identity of the submitter. This process makes it more important that your submission meets the requirements below.
If you have trouble with this site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Submittable for assistance: 855.467.8264.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Submit up to three poems.
- Type in the titles of work you intend to submit. If you submit more than one poem, separate titles with commas or semicolons.
- Do not submit multiple poems separately. Submit all your poems together in one document.
- Type or copy a brief (two to four sentence paragraph) biography into the short biography field.
- Use the FILE UPLOAD button to find the file on your computer that you would like to submit. Select the file and click on the OPEN button. Your file will then appear in the "file" field.
- Review your information to confirm that it is correct. Click SUBMIT when you are done.
- Your file should be in .docx format. Do not submit in .pdf format.
- Do not include any identifying information (your name, etc.) on the file containing your poems.
- Do not include your biography in the uploaded file of poems. We want to read poems without knowing who submitted them. Please, no spoilers!
- Include your one paragraph biography only as Submittable allows in the template provided.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. Notify us immediately of your work’s acceptance elsewhere.
- All work must be your own and cannot have been previously published.
- We can only consider submissions written in the English language. We welcome translations of work into English.
- Notify other publishers immediately upon acceptance to Tule Review that we hold the right to first publication and that your poems cannot be accepted or published elsewhere.
- After publication, your right to publish the same work elsewhere is released back to you on May 1 of the next calendar year. We make an exception regarding this policy for prize-winning poems that are anthologized elsewhere because of their publication with our own journal.
For an idea of what we have published in recent years, please visit our website: